Looking to demonstrate your culinary flare in a fast paced and fun kitchen environment? As 1st cook, you will empower and lead your team to deliver a memorable culinary experience for our guests while maintaining high standards of food production.
- Like to mentor and lead others by example
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and have a sense of urgency to provide solutions
- Can manage your time well, handle multiple responsibilities and enjoy working in a team environment
- Are a night owl who benefits from working evenings and weekends
- Ensures that adequate mise-en-place is prepared prior to service
- Delegates tasks and provides direction to cooks and all food handlers
- Maintains proper rotation of products and secures leftovers to minimize wastage
- 2 to 5 years experience in a cook position or culinary experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Solid understanding of meat, starch, sauces, soups and food safety preparation
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC) /Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta) is an asset
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift items weighted similar to a crate of potatoes
- Ability to work flexible hours, and special events
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!